Wednesday, February 15, 2006

ramblings...with aid of tea


Agh, ever get that feeling that you just have to write, but any topic at all elludes you. I hate that. I just have to write, but I have nothing to write about.

I really want it to be spring now. The cold is getting awfully...cold. And I really want to be able to go outside again. Yesterday was perfect. I twas warm enough to go outside and play frisbee, and as much as I sucked, I loved it. I've been missing frisbee. Plus, I really, really want to start archery again. as soon as it gets warmer I'm going shooting. Seriously, last summer I only got to go a few times. I really want to be able to see my instructor before he goes to Uganda. Seriously, he's not really my instructor, more my mentor. He's amazing. I've known him since I was six and he is just an amazing person. He's the one who's heading the crutch charity at school. He's gone statewide collecting crutches for people with polio in Uganda. So I'm so excited for the next time I get to see him.

And there is now absolutely nothing to write about. Scotch and Chocolate is an amazing song, seriously.

So I've decided that the one thing I miss about being a little kid is the belief that your dreams will come true. When I was younger, I had no doubt that I could grow up to be a famous singer or win the world championships in Ireland for dance. I just knew that I would grow up to be a happy, amazing, talented and successful person. I had no doubts that I would be a professional singer, dancer, performer, whatever. I miss that. I hate being faced with reality.

But, one thing I do like is taking Beethoven's Scherzo and playing on my media player at super speed then running around the room directing it. I feel so nerdy.

Also, I just made myself a lovely cup of mint tea, and the smell suddenly reminded me of my Welsh host family's home. A very happy smell. Seriously of all the countries I visited, Wales was the best. It's just different somehow. The people are different, nice to each other, considerate, and everyone greets everyone on the street. You look out the bedroom window and there's just a pretty little cottage on a big hill with the occassional lamplight. You go outside at night and it's quiet. The air is fresh and it actually feels like maybe the human race isn't so bad after all. All the houses are small and have large gardens. I miss Wales. Can I just skip a few weeks of school and go live with my host family for a while? Please?

1 Comments:

Blogger shamitap said...

Molly, I want you to know that I skimmed through all your blogs and I love what you write!-- hey, Ms. Kakos is right--usually, our best pieces of writing are done with the least amounts of planning becuase we don't need to think what we feel..if that makes sense. You've really got some "passionate" feelings about life. Too bad we don't have a "share your life philosophy" day. I wish I could hear more of your thoughts in American Lit. But, in the meantime, keep being yourself. That's what it all comes down to.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home